IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, November 18, 2016

DAY THREE - CHINESE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR POETRY


Fate and friends put me on a panel at 8:30 in the morning, but our Chinese friends, body clocks still a day ahead of us, were up and in the room. My paper was drawn from an essay in progress on Amiri Baraka's second novel -- more to come at future conferences as I road test the thing.

In the course of the morning I heard papers by Wei Wang, Ning Zhou, Jerry Ward, Carmaletta Williams, Kedong Liu and Zuyou Wang. Jerry and I had a chance to catch up over lunch at Octopus Restaurant, after which Anna and I joined the audience for the panel of poets moderated by Charles Bernstein that included Yuansheng Li, Yi Lai, Susan Schultz, Tony Barnstone, Zhimin Li, Lauri Ramey and Zhuo Wang.











 The conference closed with plenary talks by Lauri Ramey and Lianggong Luo, moderated by Anna Everett.

Then we were all off to Pacific Palisades, where Marjorie Perloff hosted the lot of us for an evening of conversation and fine dining.






[thanks to friends who supplied the photos in which I appear.]

No comments: