IN WHICH WILL BE FOUND WHAT IS SET FORTH THEREIN

Friday, January 13, 2017

MODERN LANGUAGE ASSOCIATION 2017 - PHILADELPHIA


First night of this year's conference I made sure to drop by the MLA reception to give a heart-felt sendoff to Rosemary Feal, wrapping up her time as the organization's Executive Director. I got to know Rosemary during my term on the MLA Program Committee, and it was among my better work experiences. It's rare to find efficiency and fun so well blended. (Might add, music has never been as good at MLA receptions as it's been during Rosemary's era.)






 I only had two official functions this year: to serve as a respondent to a wonderful panel on Afro-American Americana, where I heard three well-researched and thoughtful presentations and learned of the Japanese film Black Sun, which I had never seen before, and to host the Penn State English cash bar.










I'll be posting a separate album from the marathon MLA off-site poetry reading.















No comments: